Linux Article Reads
- 26 Awesome Uses for a Raspberry Pi — MakeUseOf.com
- How to use 7zip in linux— It's Foss
- How to start an Apache Server on Ubuntu — linuxhandbook.com
- How to Create Files in Linux Terminal — linuxhandbook.com
- Linux on your laptop: Here's what you need to know about UEFI firmware — zdnet.com
- 7 Awesome New Music Players For Linux — itsfoss
- 10 Ways to Check Which Linux Version You’re Running — MakeUseOf.com
- Did you know that @Microsoft is one of the biggest contributors of Linux Kernel? — It's Foss
- You are here: Home - Linux Commands - Learn to Use CURL Command in Linux With These Examples
Learn to Use CURL Command in Linux With These Examples — LinuxHandbook
- Download Zorin OS 15 ISO at — MakeUseOf.com
Running Zorin 15 inside Windows 10 on VMPlayer
- Download VMPlayer 64bit Windows 10 or Linux - VMware Player
- Download Zorin OS 15 ISO at ZorinOS.com
- Install VMPlayer on Windows 10; then create a new virtual machine with the Zorin ISO; you can type Zorin when asked what OS to install. Note: if you cant see the entire screen during install hit tab several times until u see the BACK BUTTON (lower right) lightly highlighted with grey border dots... then hit tab again and enter. This should place you on the NEXT BUTTON that you don't see.
- Once installed, make sure to set your memory setting in vmplayer by RIGHT CLICKING the "New Virtual Machine" you created (I named mine ubuntu) and click SETTINGS and set MEMORY to 4gb with the slider.
- Once logged into Zorin virtual machine select FULL SCREEN MODE (Upper left screen icon). Also go to Zorin SETTINGS, DISPLAY to adjust your display resolution. You may need to setup a new wallpaper. Finally make sure your firewall is on in Zorin settings.
- See the ZorinDoc page for further options on setting up Zorin ZorinDocs
- Additional Software to the ZorinDocs for Installation Softwareforzorinpart2.adoc
Zorin Install Steps for USB
- Download Zorin OS 15 ISO at ZorinOS.com
- Download image burner Etcher at Etcher
- Burn the Zorin 15 Live ISO to small usb stick (10ish gig stick).
- Boot up with the live distro stick and select install full version of Zorin 15to larger usb stick (32ish gig stick or higher).
- Instructions for setting up Zorin 12.3 zorindoc tab
- Zorin hints for adding icons to the desktop bar and changing icon images in Zorin 15 - DropBox Download: zorinHints.html
Resolution and Display Setting
// install xrandr
sudo apt update
sudo apt install x11-xserver-utils
// list resolutions
// set a resolution
xrandr -s 1600x900
Here is how to "Refresh" PlayOnLinux if you feel it stopped working - RefreshingPlayOnLinux2.html.
Sept 21, 2017, Install VMPlayer on Zorin 12.4 Linux
First, download your 2nd operating system from distrowatch.com. For example: 4Mlinux or ReactOS or Mint.
Second, download VMPlayer for linux here: - VMPlayer Dnld. You will end up with a filename like: VMware-Player-12.5.7-5813279.x86.64.bundle in your downloads folder. Next, execute the following terminal code from the downloads folder:
// Running VMPlayer in Zorin 12.3
chmod 555 filename.bundle
chmod 555 VMware-Player-12.5.7-5813279.x86.64.bundle
Finally, load the new iso from the downloads folder into VMplayer. (The full steps for VMPlayer are the same as the linux tab steps titled "Zorin 12 Install Steps VMPlayer Virtual Machine", just replace Zorin with your iso.) Success! Your ready to explore your new distro!
Update your vm-tools from the Zorin Terminal with (allows coping and pasting files and commands between win and linux): apt install open-vm-tools-desktop -y
Nov. 20th, 2017: Favorite Theme Colors with Gnome-Tweak-Tools: ZorinBlue-Dark
Sept. 19th, 2017: How to Password Protect Text Files Using Vim on Linux (or macOS) - howtogeek
Sept. 19th, 2017: Favorite Icons for Zorin - Flat Remix
Note on AsciiDoc Instructions Tab
For the CSS to be applied to the document you must remember to add the path to the css file, infront of css file... If this is left out it won't work. It Looks like this: /home/documents/github.css
Asciidoc command would look like: asciidoctor -a stylesheet=/home/documents/github.css -a stylesdir=/home/z/Desktop yourfilenamehere.adoc
// Adds the css to the adoc yielding an html file. Further extra commands can be used in the .adoc file for images and videos:
video::diaz.webm[width=640, start=60, end=140]
- Terminal Shortcuts Every User Must Know! — Linux Handbook
- 7 Essential and Practical Usage of Paste Command in Linux — Linux Handbook
- 13 Linux Terminal Shortcuts Every Power Linux User Must Know — Linux Handbook
- 25 Free Books To Learn Linux For Free — ItsFoss
- Collection of- Linux Tutorials
- Linux Shell Scripting Tutorial - handbook
- How to Protect Your USB Ports on Linux - MUO.com
- Commands to Collect System and Hardware Information - TecMint
- Unknown Linux Commands - Linux.com
- Tools to Monitor Disk Partitions and Usage - TecMint
- 14 Outstanding Backup Utilities - TecMint
- How to Recover a Deleted - TecMint.com
- Security Tools for - Linux